It is official, dental surgeries can re-open from 8th June for routine dental treatments. This is, with the belief that we are winning the battle against Covid-19. It has been a challenging time, but this is good news. Our team are now working out the protocols inline with official guidance (only produced on 1st June) to protect our patients and ourselves against further spread of the disease.
As a result there are lots of changes that we need to put in place as well as training that we need to undertake to be ready. We also need the appropriate protective equipment, which is currently in short supply.
This means that we will not be opening our doors on the 8th of June.
We are continuing to offer advice over the phone as we have been throughout this period. This includes referring to Urgent Dental Centres if you are suffering from pain that cannot be controlled in any other way.
When will we be back? There are many boxes for us to tick before we are ready, but we will keep you up dated via the website;
• We need to be satisfied with our procedures and protocols for protecting staff and patients. Initially we need to avoid any treatment that involves the drill, which limits what we can provide at this point.
• We need an adequate supply of protective equipment, which is in short supply.
• We need to change the flow of your journey through the building to observe social distancing with the medical patients in the building.
• We need to calculate how quickly we need our staff to return from furlough and organise childcare etc.
• We need to prepare our patients, one by one, for their appointment. This includes talking you through our protocol that we call ‘the patient journey’. This begins in the days before your appointment, with a thorough update of your medical and Covid history. If we are in any doubt we will cancel the appointment.
With the new ‘track and trace’ policy, we now have an increased probability of being closed should any patients show a positive Covid result. So we need to be dilligent as we don’t want to be closed for additional time.
We are looking forward to returning and seeing you again. We will get there eventually.
If you are in need of a non-urgent appointment, please go to our website at www.completedentistrysurrey.co.uk and click on the letter icon at the top right of the page. Fill in your details and we will respond in due course. For the time being the phone is for emergencies only.